LBLPA offers the following benefits and programs, in addition to many others:
- Monthly membership meetings with featured guest speakers
- Online education through LPI:
- LPI University: Consists of all of LPI’s multi-week education courses and any and all offerings from any LPI-approved educational program providers. There shall be member and non-member pricing.
- LPI Technology Training: Consisting of any and all courses offered from any LPI approved education program providers, and any additional technology training courses as set by the Education Director. There shall be member and non-member pricing.
- LPI Continuing Education: Consisting of all LPI continuing education courses and shall be free for all LPI Members. Non-member pricing for the LPI continuing education courses shall be set by the Educational Council.
- Continuing Education Credits offered at most meeting;
- Subscription to The Legal Professional, a quarterly magazine published by LPI;
- Educational conferences held throughout the State of California;
- Subscription to LBLPA’s a monthly newsletter;
- California Certified Legal Secretary program (CCLS); and
- Your membership is tax deductible
TYPES OF MEMBERSHIPS
Applicants must have been continuously employed in the legal field for a period of at least six months or elsewhere for a continuous period of at least 12 months. Associate and Student memberships are available for those not meeting active membership requirements.
Required Annual Dues by May 1. Dues postmarked after May 31, are subject to a $5 penalty. Please note that $40 of your dues is paid to Legal Professionals Association. The balance is used so our association’s operating costs.
Your Membership is tax deductible.
- New Membership: $65
- Renewed Membership: $60
- Student Membership: $45
- Past President: $40
- Active Life Member $40
- Inactive Life Member $0
- Honorary Member: $0
- Associate Member: $40
- Retired Member: $40
- Sponsor Basic Membership (includes ad and link on website): $100
After November 1, active memberships are $40 until May 1
APPLY FOR MEMBERSHIP
You can apply for membership by completing our Membership Application. We accept payments online but we add a convenience fee because the large percentage Stripe charges for each transaction. If you would like to mail in your check – complete this form and send with your check to the address indicated on the form