- Competitive salaries and benefits
- Knowledge and skills allow the freedom to work anywhere
- Competent legal professionals are well-respected in the legal community
- Legal professionals fulfill a vital and meaningful role for law firms and attorneys
- Continuing education enhances legal professionals, making them an asset to every employer
Why Join Long Beach Legal Professionals Association?
- Become one of the approximately 1,300 elite legal professionals in California
- Build a network of knowledge by meeting other legal professionals
- Continuing education is the main focus of Long Beach LPA
- Expand your personal and professional development and skills through a multitude of educational opportunities offered statewide
- Enjoy discounted educational benefits through the Continuing Education of the Bar
- Become a California Certified Legal Secretary (CCLS®) through a course of study and a comprehensive examination
- Easily maintain your CCLS credits and your MCLE credits through workshops and seminars sponsored by the Continuing Education Council and Legal Specialization Sections of Legal Professionals, Inc. (“LPI”).
How You Can Become a Legal Professional:
- Learn basic secretarial and computer skills
- Enroll in a legal secretarial or paralegal course through business schools and college courses
- Enroll in a training course offered by Long Beach LPA, or through LPI’s online courses
- Long Beach LPA and LPI offer scholarships to non-members interested in pursuing a career in the legal field
Discounts for LPI Members
In addition to the many educational and networking opportunities, Long Beach LPA members may receive discounts for certain educational seminars and publications offered through Continuing Education of the Bar (CEB). Agents for insurance and financial providers are available as resources when members inquire about benefits in an effort to obtain the best coverage for each member’s individual needs and location. Access to credit unions and rental cars are also available.